Reflective practice for doulas
An introduction into self-reflection as a tool for lifelong learning for Doulas and Birth Workers
"Reflection requires you to open an examination upon your practice. You need to show courage and open-mindedness to do this. You also need to be open to criticism." (Bulman 2008)
This Course in a fantastic introduction into reflective practice for Doulas and Birth Workers and how it can be an invaluable tool in lifelong learning and professional development.
By completing this course you will have a strong introduction into self-reflection, what it is, why Doulas will benefit from it, and how to begin.
Various models of reflective practice are introduced and explained with an opportunity to put your learning into practice.
We Birth certification / continuing development points in reflective practice is available to students who undertake a small practice assignment in self-reflection.
This course has been approved for 2.5 We Birth CDP/ continuing hours
Jacki is a highly qualified, experienced and respected birth professional with a passion for natural births. She has almost 20 years experience as a midwife in a variety of settings including hospitals and home births. She now operates her own successful doula business, www.lovecherub.com.
- Mother of 2 adult children.
- Studied Arts and Psychology in the UK at Open University and Birkbeck College, University of London.
- Studied Midwifery at EIHMS, University of Surrey, Guildford UK.
- Worked as a midwife at East Surrey Hospital, Guildford Hospital, Mona Vale Hospital and Manly Hospital.
- Trained in waterbirth Crowborough Birth Centre East Sussex UK.
- Trained in reflexology for midwives.
- Trained HypnoBirthing Practitioner Marie Mongan’s Method.
- Team Leader Midwife at Manly Hospital.
- On the Steering Committee for the NSW state directive ‘Towards Normal Birth’ while at Manly.
- Worked with Independent Midwife Sheryl Sidery as a second midwife for home births in Sydney.
- Successful full time doula and business owner for over 3 years attending between 40 to 50 births per year.
- Co-Director and Founder of We Birth: Advanced Education and Training for Doulas and Birth Workers.
Jennifer Hazi is a mother of 5, an experienced Midwife, Doula and Childbirth educator with over a decade of experience in birthing. She is passionate about working with women and their families as they transition into parenthood and has a keen interest in women’s experiences of pregnancy and mothering.
Jen started her journey into working with childbearing women and their families as a doula and facilitator of women's antenatal space.
Her passion for learning and excitement about working with women in this environment lead her to complete a Bachelor of Midwifery at the University of Technology, Sydney enabling her to care clinically for women and their babies.
- Registered Midwife working in a large tertiary referral hospital.
- Qualified Doula with over 10 years experience.
- Qualified Childbirth Educator working with families in the Eastern Suburbs Sydney and online. www.jenniferhazi.com
- Postgraduate studies in reproductive and sexual health.
- Studied reflexology for childbirth
- Certified in neuroprotective infant settling.
- Certified in group facilitation and education skills.
- Co-Director of We Birth: Advanced training for Doulas and Birth Workers.